The Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant provides one-time payments of $10,000 to $20,000 to eligible small businesses in the tourism and travel sector.
The Ontario government is providing one‐time payments of $10,000 to $20,000 to support eligible small tourism and travel businesses struggling to recover from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic through the new $100-million Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant.
This grant will support eligible small tourism and travel businesses that did not receive the Ontario Small Business Support Grant (OSBSG), such as travel agents, hotels, motels, resorts, and bed and breakfasts. To qualify, businesses must have fewer than 100 employees and demonstrate they have experienced a minimum 20 per cent revenue decline between 2019 and 2020.
To be eligible for this grant, your business:
- did not receive the Ontario Small Business Support Grant
- operates a tourism or travel business in Ontario that:
- opened before 2021, and
- was still in operation on April 30, 2021.
- had 99 or fewer employees on April 30, 2021.
- has experienced a revenue decline of at least 20% if you began operating or acquired the business before July 2, 2019
- Businesses that began operating or were acquired on or after July 2, 2019 and before January 1, 2021, will receive the $10,000 minimum grant if they meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Businesses that began operating or were acquired in 2021 are not eligible for the grant.
What information you’ll need to apply
- legal business name
- operating business name (trade name)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number
- Examples of documents on which you can find the CRA business number are: Form T2125 submitted with your T1 Income Tax and Benefit Return, or T2 Corporation Income Tax Return
- If you do not have a CRA business number, you may apply for one at: Register for a business number or Canada Revenue Agency program accounts
- business type/activity (for example, hotel)
- description of the business (in 30 words or less)
- number of employees
- revenue numbers for a 3-month period in 2019 and 2020 if you started or acquired your business before July 2, 2019
- list of affiliated businesses (if applicable)
- banking information for your business:
- account holder name (it should match the business legal name or the operating business name)
- account number
- name of financial institution
- financial institution branch/transit number.
Note: Only business bank accounts will be accepted (no personal bank accounts). If your application is approved, the funds will only be paid out to a financial institution that has an Ontario address. Make sure you check your banking information before applying.
You’ll need to attach either a scanned copy or a picture of the following:
- void cheque of your business bank account
- most recent business bank account statement
- certificate of incorporation, if applicable
- federal, provincial and municipal licenses and permits required to operate the tourism or travel business